In a warehouse setting, it might be necessary to store the same item in multiple areas of the warehouse. Counterpoint uses Bins on the Inventory record to track where the inventory is stored. A Bin represents a physical place to store inventory. Bins are subdivisions of a location and are used to locate items. Generally, bins refer to physical rows/shelves or to actual bins.
To specify where the item’s inventory is stored:
- Select Inventory → Inventory
- Enter or look up the Item number
- Enter or look up the Location
- Enter up to 4 locations in Bin-1-4
NOTE: You might want to use a shorthand for the Bin data. If you have a warehouse and items are stored in aisles and then racks are numbered in the aisle, and an item is stored in aisle C rack 7, a shorthand like C-7 might be faster for entry
- Click Save
Using Bins During a Physical Count
If you need to refer to Bin locations during a physical count, the Bin data is displayed in the Physical Count Enter window.
- Select Inventory → Physical Count → Physical Count Enter
- Enter or look up the item
- Bin locations print in the bottom right corner
NOTE: You might also want to include which Bin relates to which count in the count notes section when importing or entering counts.