Counterpoint has a built-in utility for taking open customer orders from point of sale and turning them into purchase requests. This feature can help you save time when processing orders from you vendors.
To use Customer-specific Purchases, you must have/use:
- Order, Special order, and/or Back Order transactions
- Customer-specific Purchases on your menu code
- Item records in Counterpoint with a primary vendor
NOTE: Generating purchase requests from this function will only use the item’s primary vendor – not any secondary vendors. If you are using non-inventory, prompt for price/description items you will need an item record for every vendor that you order from.
Generating Purchase Requests based on Customer Orders
To generate Purchase Requests:
- Select Purchasing → Purchase Requests → Customer-specific Purchases
- Select an option for Order by
- Customer, Document # – the report will be printed in order by customer then the order number
- Date, Time, Document # – the report will be printed in order by date of order, then time of the order, then order number
- Store, Station, Document # – the report will be printed in order by Store number, then station number, then order number
- Select an option for inventory Locations:
- All – will generate purchase requests for all locations
- Single location – will generate purchase requests for one location
- Location group – will generate purchase requests for a single group of locations
- Select an option for store
NOTE: In most cases, orders from one store should match up to one inventory location unless you are changing the ship from location for the order during the customer order process.
- Choose an option for Print cell detail
- No cell detail – No gridded information will print. This is not recommended if you are ordering any gridded items.
- Grid view – will print gridded item information in a table
- List view – will print gridded item information in a list
- Use the Document Header tab to filter for information about the ticket (e.g., Customer number, Store, Station, Drawer, Sales Rep, etc.)
- Use the Document Line tab to filter for information about the line items of the order (e.g., Item Number, Line Type, Quantity, Ship-from Location, etc.)
- Use the Item tab to filter for information about the item on the order (e.g., Item Category, Subcategory, Primary Vendor, Price-1, etc.)
NOTE: If a filter is not displayed by default on one of the filters tabs, you can customize filters on the Document Header, Document Line, and Items tab to filter the report in a way that makes more sense for your purposes.
- Click Preview
- Review the results of the report
- (Optional) Close the previewed report and edit parameters and filters to change results
- Once you are confident in the results and want to generate purchase request(s), close the previewed report, and click Generate
- Use the Purchase Requests Enter window or Purchase Requests Edit List to review open Purchase Requests
- Once you are satisfied with the purchase requests post them individually or as a batch