Benefits of Purging Items
- Simplify your item records
- Improve system performance
- Reduce the size of your database
- Select Inventory → Utilities → Purge Inactive Items
- Enter a Last Sale Cutoff Date NOTE: It is not advisable to check the Purge items never sold checkbox as this would delete new items that you have not sold yet but may have recently entered or created. If you want to purge items that have never sold, it is highly recommended to also use a filter on the Item tab for Last Maintenance Date on or before a date significantly in the past.
- (Optional) Use the Item tab to filter for certain items or groups of items. Recommended filters include:
- Item Category is in X, Y, or Z
- Primary Vendor is exactly XXX
- Select Preview
- A preview report will appear of what will be purged. Carefully review the report before purging. If the report includes items that you do not want to purge, revise your filtering criteria, and preview the report again.
- (Optional) Print report, otherwise close the report preview
- Click Purge
- The report will preview again for a final review
- A message will appear confirming your deletion of the items
Select YES to complete the Item Purge
NOTE: If you have chosen to purge a lot of items, you will see a progress bar and it may take a while for the purge to complete.
- A confirmation message displays reporting the number of items that have been purged