Ticket Sleuthing is required when you’re looking to find out very specific information about a transaction. Below is a basic overview of how to get the information you might need. All instructions will start at your Main Menu in CounterPoint. You will need, at a minimum, two required conditions:
- The date (or range) that the transaction took place
- One more of the following: customer number, an item from the ticket, or the amount of the transaction.
Step 1: Find the Transaction
Most often, this will be a transaction that has already been posted.
- Point of Sale>Reports>History Folder>Ticket History
- On the Ticket History parameters tab check ONLY the following:
- Print Line Items
- Show Payment Detail
- Print Paycode Recap
- On the Ticket History Tab –
- Customize for Ticket Date – and enter your 1st Required Condition – Ticket Date (or Range)
- Customize for Store – If your database has multiple stores – limit by your store
- Preview the Report – this will give you multiple pages of tickets
- Use the Binoculars at the top of the Report and SEARCH for the 2nd required condition
Once you find the transaction, on the left hand side of the transaction will be the information you’ll need to continue: the Ticket Number! In our case below, the ticket number is: 1-100131
Step 2: All System Information related to that Transaction
Once you have your Ticket Number, then you can continue on to the Ticket History View – The view pulls ticket history directly from the database and gives you access to all of the information that was captured at the time of the transaction.
- Go to Sales History>Views>Ticket History
- Where it says DOCUMENT Enter in your Ticket Number from above
- Hit Tab to bring up the Ticket Information
- This will give you all access to the information from that ticket – including Date and Time
From Here, you can choose to reprint the receipt, or if it was a credit transaction, the signed sales draft. Or if you need it, you can print an image of the record you’re currently viewing.