How are Sales by Customer Type Calculated?
Why are Sales by Customer Type Important?
- Develop marketing and advertising strategies to reach out to underserved groups
- Target sales for best customers or customer groups
Reporting on Sales by Customer Type
Sales by Customer Category
- Select Sales History → Reports → Sales Analysis by Group Report
- In the Group by drop-down, select (Customer) Category NOTE: This will group sales by the CURRENT category of the customer. If the customer had a different category at the time of the sale, that information is not saved in Counterpoint.
- Choose a number of records to print by either choosing:
- Top + a number of records – This will show the top number of categories based on the Print in Order by field
- Bottom + a number of records – This will show the bottom number of categories based on the Print in Order by field
- All – This will show all categories
- Choose a Print in order by from the drop-down menu NOTE: Most options in the print in order by drop-down are numeric and will print from most to least. If you need this report to print in an alphabetical order, choose either By item category (in alphabetical order by Category Code) or by group description (in alphabetical order by Category Description).
- Enter a Date Range in Report periods for Report period A
- (Optional) Check the box for Report period B and/or Report Period C and enter a date range to compare up to three time periods
- Enter a store or click the button for All stores
- (Optional) Check the box for Show pie chart
- Click the Select columns tab
- Pick and choose what data points to print on the report by moving the columns into the visible columns area by either:
- Double-clicking a column header you want to add or remove
- Clicking once and using the right or left arrow button
- Profit $
- Profit %
- # of tickets
- Average ticket
NOTE: Recommended data points include:
- If you have chosen more than five Visible columns/data points, use the Report drop-down at the top of the window to select one of the Wide column layouts
- Uncheck the Rounding checkboxes
- (Optional) Check or uncheck the Show percentage of total check box
- (Optional) Use the Ticket History, Ticket History Line, and Customer Category tabs to filter the report
- Click Preview