Google has announced that it is ending support of “Less Secure Apps” or the ability to access/use Google Accounts using only the main account username and password. On May 30, 2022, this feature will be discontinued. You can read Google’s Announcement here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en
What Will Happen?
What Can You Do?
There are three options for you if use Google SMTP mail through Counterpoint:
- Update your Google Account and Counterpoint to:
- Enable 2-Step-Verification (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839)
- Generate an App Password for Counterpoint (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833)
- Update Counterpoint’s Management Console with the new password
NOTE: If your entire organization uses Google accounts, you may need to request assistance from your Google Account
- Choose another email provider and get the SMTP settings configured in Counterpoint’s Management Console
- Stop emailing receipts and reports directly from Counterpoint (you will still be able to save/export the receipt or
report and attach it to an email if necessary)
How Can i3 POS Help?
i3 Point of Sale cannot make recommendations on which SMTP platform to use, but once you have selected an option, our support team can assist with updating Counterpoint’s Management Console with your new credentials. You do not need to wait until May 30th or later to make these updates. Please contact support by emailing [email protected] or calling 877-809-9980 and in the phone tree selecting Option 2, Option 1, Option 1, Option 1.